Monday, June 25, 2007

Fido

Saw Fido at East Village Cinema last night - one of the newest in a recent string of zombie satire films.



I've been at the office so often these past few weeks, I basically forgot how important outside cultural stimulation is. This movie was genius, and a welcome herald back to my former New York lifestyle. I have always loved this city for the variety of art readily available (having grown up in the black hole of the deep South, deprived of anything depicting emotion). And during the school year, despite classes and nannying, I'd always found time for movies like this or museum exhibitions (Mythical Creatures at The Museum of Natural History this month!) or various and sundry concerts or readings. But since McCann started three weeks ago, I sort of threw myself into that and forgot about what weekends are for - what all of that stimulation is for. Which, considering my career of choice, seems like kind of a dumb thing to forget.

And here it is, another Monday morning and the interns are (as usual) the only people in the office this early. But I feel better prepared and more creative than I can remember feeling the past two Mondays. Maybe I ought to start putting movies down on my time sheet...

Boss Man just got in, I'm going to go see how the client meeting on Friday went. And then I'm going to proceed to bang my head against the desk until another idea falls out.

No comments: